Flying Roots – International Tour
Thanks to the success of the Italian tour, the self-narrative documentary Flying Roots, is traveling all over the world, subtitled in five foreign languages, with the support of MiBACT and SIAE, as part of the “Per Chi Crea” programme.
Flying Roots is a collective self-narrative documentary about the search for self and identity that explores some urgent issues for the youths: who I am, what my origins are, what my future is. The film deals with a group of teenagers, a participatory video lab, and three second-generation stories.
The international “Flying Roots” tour includes: a series of screening, Q&A with the directors Michele Aiello, Davide Crudetti and the cast, online workshop about the power of Participatory Video.
The first screening was held in Thessaloniki, Greece in November 2020, during the “Select Respect” festival.
Due to the covid-19 emergency restrictions, the tour is taking place online, with digital screening and online workshop.
- NOVEMBER 2020, Thessaloniki, Greece, “Select Respect” festival
- JANUARY 2021, Linnaeus University, Sweden,“Peace and Development Work” master “Methods of fieldwork for Peace and Development” course with prof. Christopher High
- MARCH 2021, London, UCL (University College London) – London’s Global University with prof. Michelle Cannon of “Lecturer in Digital Arts & Media in Education” course “Culture, Communication and Media“
- MARCH 2021, Budapest, Budapest Conscious Cinema with Luca Paolisso and the Lóci Játszik live performance
- APRIL 2021, Lyon, France, “Les Massues” functional rehabilitation center of the Croix-Rouge française, hosted by La Fête du court métrage Lyon and Meliponi
- APRIL 2021, Saïda, Lebanon with Blue Mission Organization and The Cultural Street Association